Q1: Who is our service catered for?
Sell4U takes the headache out of selling online. We have systems in place and coupled with our experience we can make the sale of your goods a seamless process. Sell4U offers the full experience from receiving your goods, listing, packaging and sending to the new customers.
Q2: I would like to make an enquiry, how should I get in contact with Sell4U?
Q3: Is there a Fee for this service?
When Sell4U sells your item(s) on one of our marketplaces our commission is 1/3 of the final selling price. This will be deducted from the final selling price that is owed to you.
Transaction fees for items sold on eBay marketplace
When your items sells there are fees added to your account to cover eBay fee and PayPal fees. A marketplace transaction fee is applied to all items. This is the same transaction fee that would be applied if you sold the item yourself. If the customer pays us via PayPal the fees for this service are listed below. Please note – Where a refund is given to the customer upon receipt of a return of your item the transaction fees are not refunded.
Marketplace fees: For items sold on eBay, 12%.
Transaction fees for items sold on an alternative marketplace
For items sold on an alternative marketplace the fees will be half this amount. Any difference in the fees will be communicated to you via email.
20p + 4% when the buyer pays by PayPal or Credit card. Otherwise free of charge.
A charge of £5 is charged for items up to 2kg and up to 1m in length; £10 for items up to 20kg and up to 1m in length and £25 for all other items.
Return of items that are rejected for sale by us
If after initial assessment of your item we feel it does not fit into our program we will return the item to you. You are responsible for the postage fees associated with this return and payment must be made in full before a return is processed.
Withdrawal of items that have been accepted into our program
If you wish to withdraw an item for any reason once it has entered our program a withdrawal fee of £25 per item must be paid before the item is returned to you. This includes the postage for the item to be returned. Withdrawal however will not be accepted if a sale has already been agreed with a buyer. Transaction fees or marketplace fees will also need to be paid before an item is returned.
Q4: How do I send my item(s) to you / Can you collect my item(s)?
- We offer a free courier label to attach to your box. You can have free labels for up to 5 boxes, each box must weigh less than 10kg and fit the maximum size (60cm x 50cm x 50cm). You must then drop off your box of items to your nearest courier drop off point. Nearest Drop Off Point
- If you prefer to send the item(s) in yourself using your own courier service for item insurance purposes etc., then you may do this at your own expense. You will find the appropriate address on our contact page
- Depending on where you live in the UK we can collect smaller, more easily managed item(s). Please contact us for more information.
- For Large items that will not meet our maximum box requirements and if you live within 30 miles to where we are based and agree to retain the item(s) in your possession we can come to you and photograph and list your item on our selling accounts. – (Collection of the item will be discussed and agreed once the item is sold).
All item(s) must be packaged and sent according to our set company guidelines Courier packing guidelines this is to eliminate any problems potentially associated with the sending and receiving of your item(s).
Q5: How many item(s) can I send at a given time?
(Please note: – The minimum value of £30 is applicable to each individual item in a box)
Q6: What do I need to know before I request the collection or arrange the dispatch of the item(s)?
2.Your item(s) must be in good condition, must be in working order and contain any and all accessories that are necessary to use the item anything else would deemed as an unacceptable item
3.Your item(s) must be packed and sent according to our Courier packing guidelines this is to eliminate any problems with the sending and receiving of your item(s)
4.Check that you have the free courier label attached to your box along with your customer number
5.Ensure that the box you use is not larger than (60cm x 50cm x 50cm) and is under 10kg for the free courier label
6.Once you send in an item(s) and wish to withdraw any item(s) that remain unsold, there will be a withdrawal fee of £25 per item if the item(s) is already listed on any of our selling platforms. This does not apply to items that have been delivered to our warehouse by yourself
<br /> Q7: How will the item(s) be insured when sent to you / what happens if my item(s) is damaged in transit?
Q8: What will happen after my boxes are collected or received?
- Once we receive your item(s) our experienced team will assess your item(s) to make sure they are acceptable
- If the item(s) are acceptable we then research the market for current selling prices and key selling points, from this we can determine the online resale value of your item(s) and decide a final listing price.
- We then prepare a detailed listing description of your item(s) this includes taking professional photos and arranging safe delivery of your item(s) to the buyer once a purchase is made.
- We then make the decision on which market place is best suited to list your item(s)
- The item(s) will be launched online within 7 days of us receiving them, often sooner.
Q9: Where will my item(s) be kept/stored and will I be notified when you have received it?
Q10: After my item(s) are collected or sent, how long does it take to be listed and what is the duration of listings?
Each listing takes time to prepare and we deal with all customers in order. However we like to keep our clients happy and give you the quickest return on your item(s).
Q11: How are my item(s) priced?
Please note: – All of our valuations are based on research and opinion. The item(s) finally selling is based on the current market demand
Q12: Can I have input on the item(s) starting price?
Q13: What happens if I send an item(s) that cannot be listed?
Following on from your item(s) being rejected we will give you the following choices:
- We will make an offer for the item(s) if we still feel there is use for the item(s)
- Dispose of the item(s) free of charge
- If suitable donate the item(s) to a charity
- Have the item(s) returned to you. Return shipping Fees apply
If we do not hear from you within 7 days of the email of rejection being sent we will automatically dispose of the item as mentioned in option 2 above.
Q14: How long will my item(s) be on eBay or any other selling platform and what happens if the item(s) does not sell?
If the item(s) again is not sold we will review and adjust the asking price (including reducing the asking price) based on our opinion of the current market demand and conditions. (This will be done at our discretion as to how we feel may best increase the chances of your item(s) being sold)
You may withdraw you item(s) at this point however withdrawal fees will apply (Link to Fees Page)
We will re-list your item(s) for as long as possible however there may become a point where your item(s) is no longer suitable for our program.
In this instance we will inform you via email that we will not be re-listing your item(s) and then give you the following choices going forward which may include but are not limited to: –
1.Make an offer for the item(s) if we still feel there is use for the item(s)
2.Dispose of the item(s) free of charge
3.If suitable donate the item(s) to a charity
4.Have the item(s) returned to you. Return shipping Fees apply (Link to Fees Page)
Q15: What is deemed unsellable?
Q16: Can I track the listing of my item(s)?
Q17: What if a buyer has a question about my item(s)?
Q18: What happens when my item(s) is sold?
Q19: When do I get paid?
Please note – If a claim against the item is made within 30 days we will refund the customer once the item is received back to us. At this point we will recover the outstanding monies owed to Sell4U from our client
Q20: Can I request for the return of my item(s) at any time?
Please be aware if you wish to withdraw any of the item(s) that remain unsold or unlisted, there will be a withdrawal fee of £25 per item.
Q21: What happens if the item(s) is sold to a buyer and the buyer wants to return the item(s)?
If a buyer rejects the sold item(s) within the agreed returns timeframe (30 days), we will deal with the issue together with you the client or we will deal with the buyer and resolve the issue on your behalf keeping you informed as we resolve the matter.
If the buyer does request to return an item they will be entitled to either of the following options: –
- A full refund – We will request the item be sent back to us and then thoroughly assess the item before refunding the buyer.
- A partial refund – Only if both parties agree is amicable we will refund part of the buyers payment and also allow the buyer to keep the itemPlease Note – If payment has been made to you the client before a buyer dispute or request to return we reserve the right to invoice you accordingly monies owed to Sell4U
Q22: What sells well?
Q23: What won't be accepted?
- Any Item(s) that are bulky above the weight of 25kg, above the maximum size of 60cm x 50cm x 50cm and/or difficult to ship. (Unless specified by us and has been deemed suitable for our program see Q3.)
- Any Item(s) in poor condition (torn, stained, broken, soiled, not working, missing accessories)
- Any fragile Item(s) that could break in transit (china vases, mirrors, paintings, glass)
- Any high value Item(s) that cannot be authenticated i.e. does not come with authentication paperwork.
- An Item(s) that are unlikely to sell for more than £50
- Any Item(s) that require a license or code (subscriptions, computer games, software)
- Any Item(s) prohibited or restricted for sale on eBay and other selling platforms
- Items that are not accepted under courier terms and conditions.